It goes without saying that keeping yourself and your family healthy through the holiday season in Maryland, West Virginia and Pennsylvania can be a challenge. When you combine chillier temps, housebound days, year-end deadlines and pre-holiday preparation – not to mention kids passing around colds at school like they’re playing “Hot Potato” – you can end up spending the holidays under the covers.
No matter how many inherent seasonal risk factors you face, there are ways to prepare for and get through the season virtually unscathed. At Workmeister Insurance Agency, Inc., we wish for you a happy and abundantly healthy holiday season, so here are a few tips to help you stay well and enjoy!
- Consider ‘sticking it’ to the Flu. Flu shots seem to be available at practically every drug store or pharmacy in Cumberland. Discuss with your doctor the pros and cons of flu shots for yourself and your family.
- Get some zzz’s. The holiday hustle and bustle can interfere with normal sleep patterns, yet sleep is essential to health and healing. Prioritize getting enough sleep – or taking a quick nap – despite your busy schedule.
- Fill the fridge. It’s easy to allow your pantry to start looking like a sweet shop as the holidays near. Take care to stock your refrigerator and cabinets with healthy snacks and ingredients for balanced meals. Think fruit, nuts, lower-calorie snacks, veggies and lean proteins.
- Get real. Emotional health is important, too, so be realistic about what can be expected through the season. Just because it’s the holidays doesn’t mean that Aunt Zoe and Uncle Andrew from Maryland will finally mend their rocky relationship.
- Keep moving. Despite the many holiday temptations to just relax, don’t give in to being a couch potato. Get to the gym or yoga studio, go for a walk in LaVale, Lakewood, The Dingle, Bishop Walsh or Deep Creek, jump on the treadmill or dance. The important thing is to just move!
From Workmeister Insurance Agency, Inc. to you, we wish you a happy and healthy holiday season!
For further questions and assistance, please contact Workmeister Insurance Agency, Inc. at 301-724-3380 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Content provided by: Safeco Insurance
Tags: emotional health, flu season, flu shots, healthy holiday eating, heath, holiday peace, holiday relaxation, holiday zen, wellness